Sketchbook Journaling Class at the ArtsCenter
Why Sketchbook Journaling?
One thing about Sketchbook Journaling is that it can help you be in the present moment - to really slow down & notice your surroundings more deeply. It’s a way to pause, take a breather, & relieve some anxiety & stress in the process…
On the other hand, it could be fast-paced - a thrilling session of quick gesture sketches on the fly, as you do your best to record a high-energy event!
At any speed, as you record your surroundings, they get burned in your memory…. So when you look at your sketchbooks years from now, the memories will come flooding back.
Of course, your sketchbooks become a way to leave a legacy for your grandkids, or for posterity - you could choose to record your story about our rapidly changing world - the culture &/or politics*… or you can keep it strictly personal, chronicling your everyday life. It’s also a great way to record your travel adventures! - It’s all your choice.
Tools / techniques offered
- Class will offer tools & techniques for both the quick paced, high-energy gesture sketches, and for the quieter, more reflective sketches.
- We will also focus on Capturing different qualities of light. (strong light, silhouette, misty…)
- Class will include demos, individual guidance, & if time, we’ll end class with a short Show & Tell.
Where we’ll meet
Each night, we’ll visit a different venue / event around the triangle, offering students both high-energy & quiet energy experiences.
All venues will be accessible to unvaccinated people, - AND - everyone will be required to wear masks.
E-mail me if you have Questions about this: firstname.lastname@example.org
I’ll do my best to find venues where there is an indoor & outdoor component, so people can choose to remain outdoors if they prefer.
On the short list:
- Duke Chapel - 3 pipe organs - culture / travel
- Ackland Museum (?) - Chapel Hill - with the botanic garden behind - nature journaling
- Musical event (high-energy, gestural)
- Carnivore Trust (med. - high-energy)
- The Plant in P’bo - brewery / gallery / shops & eco-businesses / outdoor features
PLEASE SIGN UP BY WEDS. JUNE 1st at 11:58 PM - SO YOU CAN RECEIVE MEETING INFO ON TIME!
Be the first to post a comment.